Driving through a Hurricane: Car Accidents During a Storm
Hazardous Weather FactorsThe weather is not always predictable, especially in coastal regions. High heat and humidity combined with the moisture from the ocean often create a volatile weather pattern during the late summer months. These are some of the weather factors that you should be aware of while driving. Though there is usually plenty of warning of an approaching hurricane, many of these factors can occur unexpectedly while driving.
- High wind gusts- Strong winds can cause visibility issues and strong gusts, on bridges or overpasses especially, can drive your car off of the road.
- Driving rain- Very heavy rain can cause you to have to pull off of the road when visibility is severely limited.
- Wet, slick roads- When rain or hail causes pavement to become slick your vehicle could hydroplane or have trouble stopping.
- Fog- Dense, heavy fog off of the ocean is common after a storm in Florida. Fog can reduce visibility significantly.
- Flash flooding- Common in coastal regions, flash flooding happens in the blink of an eye and can wash out roads completely. If you are unsure how deep water is across the roadway you should turn around rather than risk wading or driving through it.
Tips For Driving in Hazardous WeatherIf hazardous weather is common where you live, you should know these tips to protect yourself and your passengers:
- Give other cars space and leave plenty of time to brake.
- Large vehicles may be harder to control in hazardous weather.
- Anticipate heavy wind gusts.
- Turn on your headlights so that other drivers see you.
- Eliminate distractions like the radio.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel.
- When hydroplaning do not slam on the brakes or steer sharply.
Call Casas Injury LawIf you have been in an accident with a negligent driver during a hurricane or storm in Florida call Casas Injury Law in West Palm Beach for a free consultation.
LO QUE DICEN NUESTROS CLIENTESRevise todas las Reseñas
I’d recommend him to anyone!
I was recommended to Alex Casas by my father and I am absolutely ecstatic with how simple and easy he made my auto collision injury case for me he handled everything to where all I had to do was show up and sign on the line! I’d recommend him to anyone!
They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty.
I am very pleased with the assistance from Casas Law P.A and will recommend this firm to anyone and everyone that needs help. They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much for all your help.
If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!
Alex Casas Law firm is a great. Every time I came in contact with Mr. Casas and his staff they were always professional and friendly. My whole process was a great experience. They always return calls in a timely manner. The staff goes above and beyond what is needed. They kept me informed during the whole process. If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!!!!
They were able to direct me with medical care questions, and advocate on my behalf with insurance companies.
Alex and his team were my rock after I was hit by a car while riding my bike. They were able to direct me with medical care questions, advocate on my behalf with insurance companies, and really listen on days where I had pain and was completely frustrated with my insurance company and their lack of response. Highly recommend!!!!
Alex Casas is by far the most present and engaged attorney with whom I have had the pleasure of working.
Alex Casas is by far the most present and engaged attorney with whom I have had the pleasure of working. The staff is caring and pleasant. The response time is extremely fast. And he is good at winning! Thank you for all you have done for us over the years! I highly recommend Casas Law!