What You Need to Know About Filing a Diminished Value Claim in Florida
Seven Things to Know About Filing a Diminished Value Claim in Florida
- Gather all the documentation related to your accident – This includes the accident report, photos, witness statements and contact information, repair bills, and any other relevant documentation.
- Hire a professional licensed appraiser – A diminished value appraisal report from a licensed appraiser ensures the accuracy and validity of the report.
- Contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company – The insurance company will inform you of their claim process and tell you what they will require.
- Complete the claims process providing all available information – Once your claim has been submitted the insurance company has 30 days to pay or deny your claim.
- Wait for a decision – Once you have completed the claims process, you must wait for the insurance company to pay the claim or make a counteroffer.
- Negotiations – Insurance companies do not want to pay out more than they have to. If you do not yet have legal representation, the insurance company is not likely to accept your first claim.
- Retain an attorney – It is recommended that you seek legal representation much sooner in the claim process, but if you have not yet retained an attorney and the insurance company is not agreeable to your terms, now is the time. A lawsuit may be necessary to ensure you are properly compensated for the diminished value of your car.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYINGView All Reviews
In my entire life, I’ve never had a better experience.
May I add, pleasantly surprised in how smooth the process went and in a shorter time period than I expected. All in all, I couldn’t be happier! I recommend Nick Sarta to EVERYONE!! There is no one better in the field. No one.
I wouldn’t have went to any other law firm, thank you guys so much!
Dalila and her team worked with me every day to make sure everything went smoothly and I understood what was going on!
I highly recommend Casas Law- they truly are the best in the business!
From start to finish, they were professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for my case.
I’d recommend him to anyone!
I was recommended to Alex Casas by my father and I am absolutely ecstatic with how simple and easy he made my auto collision injury case for me he handled everything to where all I had to do was show up and sign on the line! I’d recommend him to anyone!
If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!
Alex Casas Law firm is a great. Every time I came in contact with Mr. Casas and his staff they were always professional and friendly. My whole process was a great experience. They always return calls in a timely manner. The staff goes above and beyond what is needed. They kept me informed during the whole process. If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!!!!
They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty.
I am very pleased with the assistance from Casas Law P.A and will recommend this firm to anyone and everyone that needs help. They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much for all your help.
They were able to direct me with medical care questions, and advocate on my behalf with insurance companies.
Alex and his team were my rock after I was hit by a car while riding my bike. They were able to direct me with medical care questions, advocate on my behalf with insurance companies, and really listen on days where I had pain and was completely frustrated with my insurance company and their lack of response. Highly recommend!!!!