Florida Rainy Season: When Driving on Wet Roads, You Should Do This
When the rainy season hits Florida, the roadways can be especially dangerous for those who do not have experience driving in such conditions. Casas Law wants you to feel confident when you take to the road and the best way to be confident is to get educated about what to expect and what precautions to take before heading out.
Preparing for Conditions
There are several things that you should check regularly on your vehicle to ensure everything is functioning properly. Before setting out in the rain, it is especially important to check these three things on your vehicle to ensure everything is in working order.
- Windshield Wipers- Your windshield wiper blades should clear the glass in just one swipe and should not leave streaks.
- Tire Tread- Tire tread that is worn down has no traction and is prone to hydroplaning.
- Lights and Signals- Check lights and signals to ensure that you can be seen by other drivers on the roadway.
Tips for the Road
Once you are sure everything is working properly, here are some tips to keep your trip coasting smoothly.
- Reduce your speed when inclement weather hits.
- Leave early to give yourself time to get to your destination and give other drivers space on the road.
- Maintain extra braking distance- Water on the road can make stopping more difficult. Always allow an extra car length of space between your vehicle and the one you’re following for plenty of braking distance.
- Avoid sharp turns- Fast and sharp turns can cause your vehicle to lose control or spin out when there is excess water on the roads.
- Do not brake hard- Just like you need extra space to ensure your vehicle can stop, other vehicles will likely need the same extra distance. Allow other drivers to notice that you’re stopping by easing into it instead of braking hard.
Safety is Priority Number One
When on the road, the safety of your passengers, yourself, and others on the road should always be your top priority. We can all contribute to a safer roadway by slowing down and taking precautions. Contact Casas Law today if you or a loved one have been involved in an accident.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYINGView All Reviews
In my entire life, I’ve never had a better experience.
May I add, pleasantly surprised in how smooth the process went and in a shorter time period than I expected. All in all, I couldn’t be happier! I recommend Nick Sarta to EVERYONE!! There is no one better in the field. No one.
I wouldn’t have went to any other law firm, thank you guys so much!
Dalila and her team worked with me every day to make sure everything went smoothly and I understood what was going on!
I highly recommend Casas Law- they truly are the best in the business!
From start to finish, they were professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for my case.
I’d recommend him to anyone!
I was recommended to Alex Casas by my father and I am absolutely ecstatic with how simple and easy he made my auto collision injury case for me he handled everything to where all I had to do was show up and sign on the line! I’d recommend him to anyone!
If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!
Alex Casas Law firm is a great. Every time I came in contact with Mr. Casas and his staff they were always professional and friendly. My whole process was a great experience. They always return calls in a timely manner. The staff goes above and beyond what is needed. They kept me informed during the whole process. If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!!!!
They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty.
I am very pleased with the assistance from Casas Law P.A and will recommend this firm to anyone and everyone that needs help. They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much for all your help.
They were able to direct me with medical care questions, and advocate on my behalf with insurance companies.
Alex and his team were my rock after I was hit by a car while riding my bike. They were able to direct me with medical care questions, advocate on my behalf with insurance companies, and really listen on days where I had pain and was completely frustrated with my insurance company and their lack of response. Highly recommend!!!!