7 Common Causes of Car Accidents
What are the most common types of car accidents in Florida?
Seven Common Types of Car Accidents in Florida
- Hit-and-Run Accidents Hit and run accidents are becoming increasingly common in Florida. This type of accident occurs when a vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, or cyclist and leaves the scene. If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, it’s important to act quickly. You should take down as much information as you can about the other vehicle, including the license number, color, make, model, and approximate age. Make notes about the driver’s appearance if you saw him/her. Gather the contact information of any witnesses on the scene, and any photographs or videos they took of the accident. Take photographs of your injuries, the damage that was done to your vehicle, and the accident scene.
- Rear-End Collisions Rear-end collisions can be a result of a car following too closely behind the vehicle in front of it (tailgating) or distracted driving. As a general safety rule, each motorist should maintain a following distance which allows a minimum of 3 to 4 seconds to react should the driver in front of you stop suddenly. This rule applies to ideal weather and road conditions; following distance should increase during poor weather conditions or road construction. Although most rear-end collisions aren’t fatal, they can result in serious injuries to the driver and passengers.
- T-Bone Collisions T-Bone collisions, also known as side-impact crashes, are one of the most dangerous types of accidents and often result in serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, fractured bones, internal bleeding, and even death. A T-bone accident occurs when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another, forming the shape of a “T” at the point of impact. These collisions generally occur when a driver runs a stop sign or fails to stop at a traffic light.
- Roll-Over Rollover accidents are extremely dangerous and usually cause harm to everyone in the vehicle. While SUVs are more likely than cars to roll over during impact, any type of vehicle can roll over if hit with enough force. A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle rolls on its side or flips over onto the roof. The speed a vehicle is traveling and road conditions frequently play a role in rollover car accidents.
- Parking Lot Crashes Parking lot automobile wrecks typically occur when a vehicle is backing out of a parking spot or a motorist is speeding in the lot or not paying attention. Due to the low speed at which these accidents typically occur, injuries are often minimal. It is possible, however, for even low-speed crashes to result in significant injuries. Property damage can be minimal or extensive depending on the circumstances of the crash.
- Single Car Accidents Believe it or not, accidents involving just one motorist and vehicle are common as well. For instance, if a motorist who swerves to avoid an animal or a pedestrian hits an object (i.e., median, fire hydrant, light pole, or tree) that is considered a single-car accident. In some instances, the motorist isn’t at fault for the single-car accident. Vehicle defects such as faulty brakes, malfunctioning engine switches, or other defective auto parts can also cause accidents. Additionally, poor road maintenance, non-functioning traffic lights, missing road signs, or construction conditions can likewise lead to single-car accidents.
- Side-Swipe Collisions A sideswipe collision happens when one car swipes the side of another vehicle. In sideswipe accidents, the driver who fails to stay in a single lane while driving is at fault. This type of accident can cause serious damage to the sides of the vehicle and can result in injuries, the severity of which often depends on the speed of the offending vehicle. Sideswipe accidents occur during lane changes or when vehicles are turning.
Legal Representation For All Types of Car CrashesCasas Law has experience representing clients who have been involved in all types of car crashes. Whether you were involved in a big or small accident, you deserve to be compensated for the property damage and physical injuries that you suffered. Call us today to see how we can help you. Call us today to see how we can help you.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYINGView All Reviews
I’d recommend him to anyone!
I was recommended to Alex Casas by my father and I am absolutely ecstatic with how simple and easy he made my auto collision injury case for me he handled everything to where all I had to do was show up and sign on the line! I’d recommend him to anyone!
If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!
Alex Casas Law firm is a great. Every time I came in contact with Mr. Casas and his staff they were always professional and friendly. My whole process was a great experience. They always return calls in a timely manner. The staff goes above and beyond what is needed. They kept me informed during the whole process. If you are looking for a great law firm and I really mean and great firm this is the place to go!!!!
They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty.
I am very pleased with the assistance from Casas Law P.A and will recommend this firm to anyone and everyone that needs help. They are very professional and friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much for all your help.
Alex Casas is by far the most present and engaged attorney with whom I have had the pleasure of working.
Alex Casas is by far the most present and engaged attorney with whom I have had the pleasure of working. The staff is caring and pleasant. The response time is extremely fast. And he is good at winning! Thank you for all you have done for us over the years! I highly recommend Casas Law!